Rose Quartz Crystal
IN ONE WORD:
HEALING PROPERTIES OF ROSE QUARTZ:
The stone of unconditional love, Rose Quartz opens and purifies the heart. It teaches both self-love and love of others, strengthening your capacity to truly give and receive love.
Rose Quartz speaks directly to the heart chakra. By opening and healing your heart chakra, Rose Quartz guides you to deepen relationships and embrace kindness, compassion, tenderness, and love. It is quite effective in attracting a new love.
The heart chakra is located at the center of the chest and includes the heart, cardiac plexus, thymus gland, lungs, and breasts. It also rules the lymphatic system.
When in balance, you feel surrounded by love, compassion, and forgiveness. You accept yourself and others without judgement. When out of balance, you may feel jealousy, unworthy, or unable to trust yourself or others.
HISTORY OF ROSE QUARTZ:
Rose Quartz beads date back to 7000 BC where they were found in present-day Iraq as remnants of Mesopotamia. Rose Quartz jewelry was also crafted by the Assyrians around 800-600 BC.
Ancient Roman, Egyptian, and Greek civilizations believed in the healing energy of Rose Quartz. It was often used as love tokens, as seals to signify ownership, and in the case of Egyptians, as facial masks to clear the complexion and prevent wrinkles.
In the Middle Ages, medical practitioners used quartz in their healing potions and as an amulet to balance the emotions and heal anger and disappointment.
Rose Quartz was also honored by the Tibetan, Indian, and Chinese cultures, and continues to be one of the major carving stones of China.
LEGENDS OF ROSE QUARTZ:
There are many legends about how Rose Quartz was formed. One legend claims that Cupid, the Roman god of desire and affection, bestowed Rose Quartz upon the Earth as a gift of love, passion, and happiness for all. Another legend claims Rose Quartz was created when Adonis, lover of the Greek goddess Aphrodite, was attacked by Ares, god of war, in the form of a boar. When Aphrodite rushed to save him, she caught herself on a briar bush. Their mingled blood stained the white quartz pink.
HOW ROSE QUARTZ IS FORMED:
Rose Quartz is an abundant crystal most commonly found in Brazil, South Africa, India, and Madagascar. It usually forms at high temperatures in hydrothermal veins and pegmatites. The pink color is caused by iron and titanium impurities.
Clear quartz crystal generates a measurable electric charge and is used in televisions, radios, and computers. Its cousin, Rose Quartz, is often used in massage therapy, reflexology, and energy medicine.
HOW TO USE ROSE QUARTZ:
- Place in the relationship corner of a room, the back right-hand corner from your main door, to encourage trust, harmony, and intimacy
- Place near your bed for peaceful dreams and to prevent nightmares
- Hold in your hand or keep in your pocket to enhance positive affirmations and soothe heartbreak or loss
- Place on the stomach during pregnancy and take to the hospital to be near the baby during birth
- Harness the energy of Rose Quartz by immersing it in a bowl of water and adding your favorite essential oil (we highly recommend Ylang-Ylang, Lavendar, or Grapefruit), transfer water into a spray bottle for use on the face or body
- Take a bath with Rose Quartz to relax and soak up its loving, calming energy
HOW TO CLEANSE ROSE QUARTZ:
We recommend cleansing your Rose Quartz regularly to ensure it is of the highest vibration. Here are a few ways to cleanse your Rose Quartz:
- When getting ready for bed, place your crystal on your windowsill in the moonlight. Remember to collect your Rose Quartz in the morning as the sun may affect its color. A new or full moon is most powerful for cleansing and re-charging your Rose Quartz.
- Use our Sage Smudge Stick or Palo Santo. Light the stick on one end for 10-15 seconds. When smoke appears, gently circulate it around your Rose Quartz crystal. Upon completion, set the stick in a bowl and let it burn out or dip it in water.
- Selenite is a rare crystal that can cleanse other crystals. Place our Selenite next to your Rose Quartz. Leave them overnight.
- If you have a Singing Bowl, place your Rose Quartz near the bowl and let its sound vibrations waft over the crystal. This method is particularly effective if you have a large number of crystals to cleanse.